Thursday, 25 November 2010

Mo Fo 25

Next we have Caribbean Vegan by Taymer Mason a book that has been very anticipated in my neighbourhood. You see, my friend Karen's family is from Trinidad, and I have been telling her about Taymer's book ever since I knew it existed. When Karen heard I was getting a copy she has been asking me almost every day if it is here yet! Now, she is not vegan, just super excited to see a mainstream book on Caribbean food! So I will be quickly looking through this one and loaning it to her, and then making things from it when I get it back (no doubt drooled over!)

This is an impressive looking book, with lovely photos, and lots of information about Caribbean ingredients and substitutions for them, and stories behind a lot of the recipes. I like stories.

Well laid out and easy to read I hope I get this back to cook from soon-ish! So watch this space for a full review at some point in the future.

No comments: