Saturday, 13 November 2010

Mo Fo 13

I only have 2 of Sarah Kramer's Books, and none of her Calendars, though I have seen them in Karmavore and thought they were pretty cute! For someone who paved the way for many vegan cookbook authors Sarah seems like such a feisty, like able, down to earth person (FB). She only lives in Victoria so maybe one day I will meet her! That would be pretty cool. She's also got a super cute dog who is the star of a photo journal on her blog!!
I have La Dolce Vegan, and Vegan a Go Go, both of which have their pluses and minuses. I like the recipes in LDV as they are mainly simple and honest, not too frou frou, but I don't like that a bunch are reader donated and those don't always work as well as Sarah's do. In VaGG I really like all the travel tips and hints (and funny stories) and the new recipes, but I was a little disappointed that so many recipes are from previous books.

I'd like to get both How it all Vegan, and The Garden of Vegan, but my local library has both so I just borrow them from time to time, because I really don't need any more cook books!! (as I think you are coming to understand)

1 comment:

Amie said...

I met her at a local VegFest and she was so, so nice. Very genuine and super hot to boot :) She signed a copy of my book after helping me choose one!