Thursday, 18 February 2010

A recipe!

Following on from the comment left last time by Sabrina on my post about the Savory Biscotti asking for the recipe, I'd like to say that I can't share that recipe at this point in time, because it is a potential recipe for the book. Until what is going in the book is finalised I'm not going to be sharing those recipes, but may int eh future, so keep watching this space!


It made me feel a little bad so I just had to whip something up I could share, and from what I had in the fridge, here is my lunch yesterday, complete with recipe!!

Quick and Easy Tofu with Olives and Basil
Serves 2 with Pasta

6oz Extra Firm Tofu, in ½” cubes

1 teaspoon Olive Oil
½ medium Onion, finely chopped, about ½ Cup

2 cloves Garlic, minced

½ teaspoon dried Oregano
½ teaspoon Paprika
Pinch Chili Flakes, to taste

2 Tablespoons Water
1 Tablespoon Ketchup

⅓ Cup sliced Black Olives

2 Tablespoons finely sliced fresh Basil

Salt and pepper to taste

In a medium Skillet over medium high heat dry sauté the tofu for about 10 minutes, turning about every 2 to 3 minutes, until most sides are golden brown. Remove from heat and hold on plate until required.
Using the same skillet, sauté the onion in the oil for about 5 minutes, until lightly browned. Add the garlic and sauté a minute more. Add in the spices, stir to combine, then add the water and ketchup and then sauté for another minute.
Stir in the olives and tofu cubes, sauté for maybe 2 minutes to ensure tofu is reheated, and stir in the basil leaves to wilt.
Serve tossed through pasta.