Monday, 17 August 2009

Happy Birthday to YOOOOOOUUUU.

It was H's birthday on Saturday, so the girls and I made him this for breakfast in bed. Its the Lower Fat Banana Bread from Veganomicon, as requested by R, who ate more than H did I think.
For his birthday dinner he requested Enchiladas - that is my home made, thrown together not from a recipe and made up each time as I go along Enchiladas, nothing authentic about these. Topped with the last of the Mozzarella Cheezly. Super Yum.
We didn't do a cake until Sunday when his Mum and Dad came over. This is the Raspberry Chocolate Blackout Cake from Vegan with a Vengeance, but made in 3 small cake tins to get a huge looking cake. mmmmm.
All in all a Happy Birthday was had. The girls did a really cute birthday show with dancing and singing for H, as we weren't going to spend a lot of money this time and it was so well done and they loved making it up and practising for it. Very cute.

and on a side note, Grandma and Grandpa took M to have a sleepover with her older cousin H at their house last night. She comes back this afternoon so I hope it all went well.

2 comments:

Jeni Treehugger said...

Happy Birthday H!!!
Those Enchiladas look divine and WOAH! Is that the tallest Cake ever or what!

Carla said...

Its pretty tall! I have 3 5" cake pans which pretty much take the batter for a 8" double layer cake and transform it into a towering looking cake. Its pretty impressive but no more work than making a 2 layer 8". If I want to get super fancy I also split the 3 layers and ice in between too. (didn't this time as H isn't a huge ising fan)

I'm making a birthday cake for a friend of R's later in the week so watch this space for more cakey goodness.