Saturday, 9 May 2009

POM Wonderful

Like a whole bunch of other people out here in blog land I was approached by POM Wonderful and offered free Pomegranate Juice. Now they're back in the good books for stopping their animal testing stuff, and considering how expensive this juice is to buy, how could I say no. and I get to use this cool graphic bottle in this post!
As I've had plain pomegranate juice before I thought I'd use my free vouchers and get the other flavours and do a bit of a taste off, and tell you what I thought of them all. So that's what I did. I bought and tasted Pomegranate and - Blueberry - Cherry - Tangerine and Mango Juices. In order of preference, drum roll please, we have the tasting notes-


1. Tangerine. I loved how this one was slightly sweeter than some of the others. A nice orange undertone that complemented the tart pomegranate nicely. Easiest to drink.


2. Cherry. Has a very cherry taste to it, and I love cherries. Not too tart and not too sweet, and not overly pomegranate tasting. Nice.


3. Mango. A little disappointing as the mango flavour got lost int eh pomegranate tartness. It softened it slightly but wasn't really overly present.


4. Blueberry. I expected to like this one more as I love blueberries, but for some reason I found this very tart, a little bitter and with a tannin like aftertaste. Smells great though.


Would I buy any of them again? Yes to Tangerine and Cherry (as well as plain Pomegranate which I do like) but probably only if on special, or if I had a big craving. Its good stuff, and the price reflects how difficult it is to get I guess.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I am so jealous! I have never tried it because of the cost, but I am glad you liked some of the flavors!

Courtney