Sunday, 17 May 2009

Mother's Day.

We're having ours this weekend because H had to work last Sunday (all day) - its what you get when your restaurant is the most popular venue around for Mother's Day brunch and dinner! So Happy belated Mother's Day to me, and everyone else!
As celebration I made this wonderful Coconut and Pecan Chocolate Pie. mmmmm. The pastry (which is far to thick but it's a work in progress) has coconut oil in it as well as ground pecans and is lovely. The topping is a little too sloppy (like I said its a WIP) but very tasty! I will make again (maybe for Father's Day) and post the recipe once i am happy with it!

I actually was woken up last Sunday at 6am and given my stuff the kids had made. It was super cute. So I didn't miss out, I just get extra love now too!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Looks great! Lucky you--TWO days to be celebrated :o)

Courtney

Jeni Treehugger said...

Happy belated Mothers Day. That Coconut and Pecan Chocolate Pie looks amazing - I'll look froward to the recipe.
:)