Wednesday, 7 January 2009

Dinner.

So, a lot to see in this one. I have recipes for all the parts of the dinner but think it would be far too much to post them all here now, if you have a craving for a particular component either leave a note with your email in the comments, or email me and I will send the recipe to you. Some are inspired by recipes in that old pile of Bon Apetit magazine again.

We have -
In the centre of the plate - Squash and Cranberry Bake, a simple and tasty way to use up a butternut squash you may have lying around. I'm sure it would work on other squash too.

Around the outsides - Metaxa Risotto Cakes topped with Sundried Tomato and Red Pepper Spread or Simple Guacamole.

I made the Risotto cakes with Metaxa as we have been using up the dregs of a bottle H was given from his work a few years ago. I've used it instead of whisky in Haggis, instead of brandy in Christmas Fruit Mince, instead of dark Rum in some other things, and well, you get the picture. Its gone now, and I must say was really good in this!

On the side - Rocket and Cherry Tomato Salad with Orange Mustard Dressing.

It all made for a very elegant and tasty dinner.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Everything looks great!

Courtney