Wednesday, 12 November 2008

The Rice Challenge: Day 1

Way back at the beginning of Vegan MoFo I said in this post that I thought I could eat rice with every meal for a week and not get bored and Debbie challenged me to do it. Well now that VeganMoFo is over, and my teeth are half sorted, I am going to do it. So each day from here for a week I'm going to post what I had 3 meals a day with rice. They may not be exciting (I have been known to have Rice and Seasoned Nori sheets as lunch) but they will be rice as promised!

So here we go with Day 1.

Breakfast -
Rice I cooked yesterday with Date Puree, Raisins, Rice Milk, Cinnamon and Vanilla.
Lunch -
Leftover Red Pepper and Spinach Risotto, topped with Tofutti cream Cheese.
Dinner -
Brown Rice with Stir fried Green Vegetables.
More rice coming up tomorrow!
It was Remembrance Day - hope you remembered.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

That breakfast sounds delicious!

Courtney

Jeni Treehugger said...

This will be interesting!
I've only JUST started getting back into Rice....I was never a HUGE fan of it but I'm starting to enjoy it more and more. Maybe I'll get some inspiration off you over the next few days. These all look FAB anyway especially the Stir Fried Green Vegetables.