Its something that just screams "SUMMER" at you, and I'm sorely missing summer right about now. The weather has been decidedly autumnal since October showed its face, even the days when its has been fine have been just far too chilly to risk braving the outdoors to cook in the evenings.
People often wonder what I barbecue, apart from store bought veggie burgers or hot dogs that is, and while we do bbq them on occasion, its often more about the veggies. So on our barbecue you'll often find -
- Sliced garlic stuffed into potatoes, wrapped in foil
- Corn on the cob, wrapped in tin foil with a little marg
- Blanched asparagus getting all lovely and caramelised
- Zucchini spears, seasoned lightly with salt and pepper
- Portobello Mushrooms, slathered in this bbq sauce - like this
- Homemade burgers (I make a great seitan burger, and a fantastic mixed seed one if I do say so)