Sunday, 3 August 2008

Update. Challenge 4.

Berries this time. I used Blueberries - fresh and dried, Raspberries, Strawberries and dried Cranberries in a variety of ways, cooked and raw, and its all good. They pass. Yay!!

One thing I did make that I haven't experimented with much was Kanten - you know with Agar agar to make jelly like treats. I cooked up some old frozen raspberries, passed them through a sieve to get rid of the bits, sweetened with agave, added a bit more water to make it up to 2 cups worth, back to the pot with 2 t Agar powder, then brought to the boil, poured into moulds and let set in the fridge. They're pretty good, and refreshing. Texture is a little strange and I may not make often but nice to know I can right!



Here's a (not all that good) picture!

No comments: