Monday, 28 July 2008

Update. Challenge 3.

This was a FAIL. Oh boy.

The food being challenged was Yeast / Fungi and as I have not tested wheat yet I couldn't have bread / active yeast so I was limited to Mushrooms (a bunch of different ones), Nutritional Yeast and Marmite. I love all these so enjoyed my breakfast (potatoes with Mushroom Gravy), incorporating all in the gravy, though started feeling a bit not right by mid morning (queasy, headache-y, gassy) which was a bad sign. I had a lovely Mushroom Soup, again with all three items above, for lunch and by mid afternoon was in agony, - really bloated, gassy, weak feeling. Not good. Needless to say I didn't persist with a Yeast / Fungi dinner, and the digestion issues continued into the evening. I think everything was emptied by the time I went to bed.

My first fail, which is a positive thing! I'll revisit these foods (and any other which fail too between now and then) at the very end, after a decent break too, and do each one on its own, and each type of mushroom on its own too.

Next up is (I think) Citrus, so I'll update after that.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Oh no! No nutritional yeast?! I hope next time you add it back in you are able to handle it better!

Courtney