Thursday, 5 June 2008

Leftovers for Breakfast

This one was made up from some stuff I had in the fridge and was super yum. It has gone back to being winter here again so hot breakfasts like this are actually perfect at the moment. When, oh when will spring (and then summer) finally arrive in Vancouver?
Sweet Potato Rice Breakfast
Serves 1

1/2 C cooked Brown Rice
1/2 cooked Sweet Potato (orange flesh type)
1 T Raisins
1/2 t Cinnamon
1 t Agave
2/3 C Rice Milk

Combine all ingredients into a small pot. Stir well. Simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes until thickens. Serve hot. Add a little more agave if necessary.

Artwork in the background courtesy of M! btw - My knee is feeling better so I hope to restart my running again soon. I'll be more careful this time.

1 comment:

LK said...

Sounds heavenly! Love sweet potatoes! Definitely considering having sweet potato oat breakfast with hearty oats to pair with creamy sweet potatoes...