Tuesday, 13 May 2008

A new challenge.

As if I don't have enough going on, what with 2 children of my own, baby M during the week, trying to keep the blog updated with interesting foods; well, I've taken on another challenge for myself. I'm learning to run. Yes, I know how to run, I've been doing it almost all my life, it's learning how to run continuously for an extended period of time so I can do a 5k later in the summer / autumn and maybe a 10k next spring. That's a trick. As you can see I've given myself loads of time as I know I may not be able to get out as often as I like all the time. Wish me luck.
.
Good news on another front, H started his new job yesterday! He was made redundant just before Easter and it is great he's working again. The only downside is its going to be more nights as the restaurant isn't open for breakfast, so less time at home in the evening all together. We will cope I'm sure, and we'll have to make more of an effort to do stuff all together on his days off (which again will be random.)
and as this is a food blog - here's some food -
Enchiladas topped with avocado cubes, so very good, and filling too.Malva Pudding (a South African traditional old fashioned pud), which is super sweet along the lines of the Sticky Toffee / Date Pud.

2 comments:

Aly said...

Good luck with your running goals! I just passed the ten minute barrier myself earlier this month, and am now working on 5 km :-).

Anonymous said...

Hi!!!
Could you post the vegan recipe for Malva Pudding please please :)

Thank you !Aileen in Nova Scotia