Wednesday, 14 May 2008

The humble baked potato.

One of very few things which is a meal in itself. Add some salad, some chilli, some other type of sauce or topping and you can transform it. This too transforms the baked potato to a gastronomic delight. I do exaggerate, but it is good and adds a tenderness and hint of garlic to the humble spud. We usually cook them like this on the BBQ, but its not BBQ weather here yet and I wanted one today so I cooked this in the oven. Served with a side of Smoky Shiitakes (a PPK tester as made previously) and salad this was one Hot Potato!

Baked Garlic Potatoes
Per person

1 medium Baking Potato
2 cloves Garlic – sliced thinly

Preheat oven to 400F.
Scrub potatoes as required and cut horizontally slices along the potato, about 1 cm apart. Cut about ¾ of the way through, you want the slices all attached together. Push the slices of garlic into the slices on the potato.Wrap tightly in tin foil and bake for 1 ¼ - 1 ½ hours until potatoes are done.

3 comments:

mollyjade said...

Roast garlic smooshed into a baked sweet potato is one of my favorite meals.

Carrie™ said...

Oh I love this. Potatoes are soooo underrated. I'm going to have this with dinner tonight. Thanks!

Erin said...

I'm not sure why I've never tried this, it's so easy and looks so good. I don't bake potatoes too often, I'll have to remember next time!