Thursday, 10 April 2008

R's Choice.

We dropped M off at school yesterday afternoon and when we got home R said to me "I want to do something special with you now Mummy", "OK" I reply, "What would you like to do?" "MAKE COOKIES" comes the response! "What sort of cookies, sweetpea?", She thinks for a bit "Orange please Mum, with chocolate" so here we have then, from her mouth to my blog.

Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 24

¼ C Plain Soymilk
2 T OJ
½ T Orange Zest
1 T Ground Flaxseeds
¼ C Oil
¾ C Sugar
½ t Orange Essence
1 ½ C Plain Flour
¾ t Baking Powder
½ t Baking Soda
¼ t Salt
¾ C Chocolate Chips

- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease 2 cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl mix the soymilk, OJ, zest and flaxseeds. Stand 5 minutes.
- Add oil, sugar and essence. Combine well.
- Sift in the flour, BPowder, BSoda and salt. Just combine. Add Choc chips and mix well.
- Dampen your hands slightly and shape dough into T size balls. Flatten slightly and place on tray. Re dampen hands as required.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes. Cool on tray for 2 minutes before moving to rack.


While they were baking she had fun pretending that her 'pets' were hitting her and needed time outs on the naughty step - it was super cute and I bet you can guess which developmental stage Baby M is up to now!

The cookies were very nice, not over the top orange-y and not overshadowed by the chocolate. Good choice little R. Here she is looking super cute eating them.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Mmmm...those sound great! Your girls are so cute!

Courtney

Shay said...

Tag you're it! I tagge you on my bog, pop on over! Your girls are uber cute and I love all your recipes but I am definitely trying those chocolate crackle muffins!