Wednesday, 23 April 2008

Carb Combos - you chose

Another poll for a recipe. I quite like doing this, it means I have to create a bunch of recipes in a theme, as well as find other stuff to blog about. Keeps me busy, but I don't know how long I'll keep it up!

This week I've made up a bunch of Grain combinations, either with other grains, or root vegetables, giving a carbohydrate loaded side dish. Most stand alone as a main dish, with vegetables, but all could be just a side with appropriate accompaniments. Choose your favourite and vote!

Quinoa and Root Vegetable Pilaf
Versitle - quinoa with whatever root vege you fancy, or have hanging around.

Hot or Cold Bulghur and Cous cous
Two super quick cooking "grains" simply prepared. Forgot to take the photo of this one.

Millet and Wild Rice Pilaf
The mix here is nice, smooth and creamy from the Millet, with a bite-y texture from the rice. This photo I deleted in error. I'm not doing too well today.

Leek, Potato and Celeriac Crumble
Super yum. A savoury variation on the classic pudding.

Porcini and Black Rice Risotto
Very mushroom-y combination of different types of rice - Risotto and Black.

Apologies for the lack of photos!

No comments: