Wednesday, 9 April 2008

A bevvy of breakfasts!

Not breakfasts with a Bevvy - just a whole bunch of them, mainly muffins for a reason you'll see as you read on.

Banana Blueberry Muffins - an old favourite. Tried and true is perfect sometimes.
Chocolate Crackle Muffins - like Chocolate Crackle Cakes but in muffin form. I have had the idea for the base part swimming around in my head for a while (since I last made Chocolate Crackle Cakes with the girls I think) and found something similar top the topping in a very old book of my Mum's while in NZ. As they both have puffed rice cereal in them I decided to combine the two into a breakfast (or anytime) muffin treat.
Apple Crumble Muffins - another new one. I made an Apple Pie Cookie a long time ago, and all this topping on muffin business above got me thinking about doing a crumble in a muffin form. I'm sure its been done before, I'm not that original, but here's my take on this.
Raspberry Poppyseed Muffins - Why I chose this combo is beyond me, but it worked really well. I used frozen raspberries as this was the cheapest option, would be better with fresh berries, but until they're in season you take what you can get.

Now, the reason for so many muffins - I have set up a wee poll (to your right) so you, dear readers, can decide which recipe you get, and which muffins I remake for this weekend - cast your vote now!

This last one isn't mine, so isn't part of the poll - a PPK Tester - Curried Cauliflower Frittata, but it looks pretty good all the same, and was super simple to make.

3 comments:

JennDZ - The Leftover Queen said...

Those all sound great! :)
It is hard to chose a favorite!

Welcome to The Foodie Blogroll!

Veg-a-Nut said...

They all look so good. The Curried Cauliflower Frittata sounds really good. Can you share your muffin recipes?

Carla said...

veg-a-nut, I have posted the chocolate crackle muffin recipe as it won the poll to see which one would be shared, but if you specifically want another before I get to posting it, please email me and I will send it to you! veganyear@gmail.com
Carla